FM Maintenance Services: Successful trading relationship with luxury branded Retailer — Nationwide
Building Services (reactive and projects), Technical Services (compliance and planned maintenance), Helpdesk
Working relationship begun
In 2017 and following a successful and long-standing relationship with a luxury eye-wear brand, the newly appointed property director invited Masterfix to apply for accreditation. Soon enough we were approved to work for this luxury jewellers.
At the time, they were mainly a wholesale business and operated only 21 stores, with the rest being franchises. Rapid sales growth and associated expansion plans meant they outgrew their limited property department and as a result they needed to address issues around store standards and compliance.
- August 2017 and following a three-stage interview and selection tender process between three suppliers, Masterfix were selected for the delivery of Hard FM service provision.
- The scope covered 24/7 Reactive Maintenance, Compliance testing, Planned Maintenance and a 24/7 Help Desk service, all on a national basis.
- With their strategy to reverse the number of franchised stores and return to direct control we saw a near immediate increase in stores from 21 to 56.
- By June 2018, the number of stores had increased to a total of 127.
- November 2018, the service was then extended to undertake compliance management and service delivery to the remaining franchised stores.
- June 2019, 25 stores in Ireland were added to the contract.
- February 2020, and as a direct result of our success, a new 3 year contract was negotiated.
- January 2021, the total portfolio becomes 152 owned and operated stores under full management and 90 franchise stores under a compliance management service only.
What lies ahead?
Additional Owner Operated Sites During 2021/2: There are further plans to integrate 25 franchise stores back to owner and operated.
Refurbishment Opportunity: Plans are underway to refurbish 40 stores of which Masterfix will have an opportunity to tender for those specifically located within the London and Home Counties.
Health & Safety Services & Management: There will be a further opportunity to tender for these services which we estimate to be worth £600,000 over a 3 year period.